Job Location: Richmond, VA
Category: Communications and Administrative
Position Type: Full Time
Job Open Date: August 14
Job Close Date: All application materials must be received by August 28, 11:59pm EST
Richmond Justice Initiative (RJI) is a non-profit, Christian faith-based organization. Our mission is to educate, equip and mobilize communities with the tools needed to be a force in the global movement to end human trafficking. We are committed to engaging, equipping, and protecting the communities we serve through In-Depth Trainings, speaking engagements, church mobilization, consulting, and educating at-risk youth about human trafficking through our nationally award-winning Prevention Project® program.
Our values are excellence, community, collaboration, leadership development and Christian prayer. RJI has a wonderful organizational culture. We work hard together as a team and value celebration. We aim to provide professional excellence to all whom we serve. Motivated by God’s heart for the oppressed as evidenced through Biblical scripture and principles, we work as unto the Lord, which is foundational to our mission, goals and the results we achieve.
Overview of Position
The Engagement Specialist will assist in growing a national movement to prevent human trafficking by coordinating and optimizing RJI’s internal and external communications and supporting RJI’s operational needs. This role engages audiences through managing RJI’s social media channels, websites, and other communication platforms. This role also has an important responsibility to manage office operational needs and is responsible for creating a positive and professional experience in engaging with schools, partner programs, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Working closely with churches, prayer partners, and the RJI team is also a critical component of this job and requires a mature Christian faith, understanding and personal application of Biblical Scripture. This position has a typical Monday-Friday weekly schedule, and also requires flexibility for occasional evening and weekend events/programs. This job is based at RJI headquarters in the Richmond, VA area, reports directly to the CEO and works closely with all RJI staff. As RJI is a rapidly growing non-profit with in-demand programs and initiatives, this position has a high potential for growth.
Internal and External Communications
- Utilize and develop RJI’s communication tools to increase community awareness and engagement with RJI’s mission, programs and initiatives
- Create engaging, professional, brand-appropriate graphics and content for internal and external communications
- Develop, maintain, and manage outreach communications and projects
- Oversee the production of monthly prayer and general newsletters
- Design and update informational and promotional materials
- Manage organization’s social media accounts and websites
- Pursue a continual understanding of RJI’s progress and human trafficking news/developments to synthesize and communicate effectively to internal and external team members
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with current and potential community partners including individuals, churches, schools, businesses, organizations, etc.
- Assist in providing customer service to Prevention Project schools and programs
- Represent RJI at community events, trainings and speaking engagements
- Lead our Christian partners to join the RJI team through prayer for human trafficking
- Coordinate with the media, as occasional opportunities arise
- Administer contracts, payments, and critical documents for programs and operations needs
- Track programmatic and organizational progress and impact
- Maintain accurate records and file physical and digital information
- Manage office inventory and support overall office operations including coordinating calendars
- Serve as a coordinator for in-office volunteers based on project and organizational needs
- Maintain a clean, welcoming office environment ready to host our volunteers and guests
Other tasks as needed
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a firm grasp of grammar/spelling
- Ability to communicate well with different sets of audiences through various platforms
- Mastery in creating brand-appropriate, engaging, accurate communications and graphics
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms and engagement strategies
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office, and graphic design software (examples: Photoshop, Canva, etc.)
- Adeptness in managing projects from successful beginning to completion
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Background knowledge of the issue of human trafficking
- Personal understanding and experience in applying Biblical aspects of prayer, God’s heart for justice and the practical application for people of Christian faith and the church
- Preferred experience with videography
- Mature Christian faith
- Pursues excellence
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Innovative problem solver
- Ability to build trust and strong partnerships with others
- Culturally sensitive and appreciative of differences
- Resilient in dealing with the difficult subject matter of human trafficking
To apply for this position, please complete the following steps. Applicants will not be considered until all application materials are submitted by the deadline.
- Please email the following application materials to HR@rvaji.com
- Cover Letter
- Click here to complete the online portion of the application (please complete the application all at once, as the form will not auto-save your information. To complete the application, press ‘submit’ and you will receive a confirmation notification on your screen that the online portion of your application has been successfully submitted.)
Once both of the above steps are complete, your application will be entered for consideration.