RJI Communications Specialist
Job Open Date: December 16
Job Close Date: Open until filled
Position Type: Part-Time
Salary Range: $13,000-$20,000 (salary commensurate with experience and determined number of hours)
Overview of Position
The part-time Communications Specialist will assist in growing a national movement to prevent human trafficking by coordinating and optimizing RJI’s internal and external communications. The ideal candidate has a great eye for detail, experience managing and creating on target branded content, and is passionate about utilizing communications to help an organization thrive. This role engages audiences through managing RJI’s brand, social media channels, websites, and other communication tools. Working closely with churches, prayer partners, and the RJI team is also a critical component of this job and requires a mature Christian faith, understanding and personal application of Biblical Scripture. The RJI headquarters is located in the Richmond, VA area. This position has the opportunity to be filled locally or from a U.S.-based remote location, reports directly to the CEO and works closely with all RJI staff. As RJI is a rapidly growing non-profit with in-demand programs, this position has a high potential for growth.
Internal and External Communications
- Coordinate with CEO to develop RJI’s brand and communication strategy to support RJI’s mission and vision, including creating yearly communications plans.
- Optimize communication platforms to increase programmatic and fundraising engagement to support our mission and organizational goals.
- Manage RJI’s communication tools including social media, websites, monthly updates and prayer newsletters, graphic design, etc.
- Create resources for various audiences, including leading our Christian partners to join the RJI team through prayer for human trafficking.
- Recruit, train, and oversee communications volunteer team members.
- Coordinate with the media and other partners to promote RJI’s mission, initiatives, programs, and news.
- Oversee communications with our Benefit for Freedom and other fundraising events.
- Represent RJI at occasional events and media opportunities
- Assist in RJI’s branding development and strategy, based on the organization’s priorities and needs.
- Create content and manage brand collateral: including print and online, merchandise, promotional videos, etc.
- Grow RJI’s online presence including SEO.
- Develop on-target branded content that increases brand recognition and engagement.
Graphic and Written Content
- Develop engaging, professional, brand-appropriate graphic and written content
- Manage communication projects including video, photography, graphic design, and written communication for educational and promotional needs.
- Collect quotes, stories, and data to create engaging content
- Develop organization’s user experience and pipeline to best reach and serve target audiences
- Create marketing strategy and materials for initiatives and programs.
Other tasks as needed
Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a firm grasp of grammar/spelling
- Ability to communicate and engage well with different sets of audiences through various platforms
- Mastery in creating brand-appropriate, engaging, accurate communications and graphics
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms and engagement growth strategies
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office, CRM (currently using Little Green Light), and graphic design software (examples: Photoshop, Canva, etc.).
- Preferred knowledge of optimizing digital marketing including SEO, pipelining, etc.
- Adeptness in managing projects from successful beginning to completion
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, be flexible, and manage tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Personal understanding and experience in applying Biblical aspects of prayer, God’s heart for justice and the practical application for people of Christian faith and the church
- Mature Christian Faith
- Professional: represent the org well to partners, clients, team members
- Responsible: reliable, committed to finding good solutions
- Pursues excellence
- Coachable: a willingness to learn and receive instruction with humility
- Team Player: works well with others, willingness to do what is needed
- Innovative problem solver
- Ability to build trust and strong partnerships
- Culturally sensitive and appreciative of differences
- Resilient in dealing with the difficult subject matter of human trafficking
To apply for this position, please click here to complete the online application (please complete the application all at once, as the form will not auto-save your information. To complete the application, press ‘submit’ and you will receive a confirmation notification on your screen that your application has been successfully submitted.)
The online application form will require a Resume and a Cover letter before it can be submitted. Please have these documents completed and ready to upload in order to complete the application form in full.