Job Open Date: December 16
Job Close Date: Open until filled
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $32,000-$40,000 (salary commensurate with experience)
Overview of Position
The Director of Development and Engagement is responsible for planning and directing all of the organization’s fundraising activities and engaging partners to support RJI’s mission. Working closely with churches, prayer partners, and the RJI team is a critical component of this job and requires a mature Christian faith, understanding and personal application of Biblical Scripture. This position has a Monday-Friday weekly schedule, and also requires flexibility to attend or lead multiple monthly evening committee meetings and occasional weekend events. This job is based at RJI headquarters in the Richmond, VA area, reports directly to the CEO and works closely with all RJI staff. As RJI is a rapidly growing non-profit with in-demand programs, this position has a high potential for growth.
- Direct and grow all fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
- Create all related fundraising communications (both written and graphic) through email, social media, and print.
- Manage CRM and related applications, including accurate records and timely gift recognition.
- Maintain best practice for donor relationships leading to donor retention and growing giving, which includes maintaining accurate records of donor meetings and valuable conversations.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Manage, recruit, and train current and new development and engagement volunteers.
- Direct the volunteer Development Committee through facilitating monthly meetings and empowering members to seek out financial partners.
- Coordinate fundraising special events in close collaboration with volunteer Events Committee, managing all communications internal and external for fundraising events.
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with current and potential partners including individuals, churches, businesses, organizations, field colleagues, media, etc. to support our mission.
- Engage the public by accepting speaking engagements, appearances, media opportunities to share information about the organization with the communities we serve.
Reports and Budgets
- Responsible for producing accurate monthly income reports for CEO.
- Propose budgetary needs for special events and general development needs.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities, including annual report.
- Ensure accurate and timely tax statements.
- Other reports as needed.
Other tasks as needed
Skills and Experience
- 3 years minimum successful experience in professional fundraising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a firm grasp of grammar/spelling
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and grow positive interpersonal relationships
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising, event planning and grant writing for organization(s) with a growing budget of $250K+
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls and launch new external relationships
- Adeptness in managing projects from successful beginning to completion
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate well with different sets of audiences through various platforms
- Experience in creating compelling, brand-appropriate, accurate communications to effectively engage people in an organization’s mission and goals
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp, CRM (Little Green Light), and Microsoft Office
- Personal understanding and experience in applying Biblical aspects of prayer, God’s heart for justice and the practical application for people of Christian faith and the church
- Mature Christian Faith
- Professional: represent the org well to potential/current partners, clients, team members
- Responsible: reliable, committed to finding good solutions
- Coachable: a willingness to learn and receive instruction with humility
- Pursues excellence
- Team Player: works well with others, willingness to do what is needed
- Willing to learn
- Innovative problem solver
- Ability to build trust and strong partnerships with others
- Culturally sensitive and appreciative of differences
- Resilient in dealing with the difficult subject matter of human trafficking
To apply for this position, please click here to complete the online application (please complete the application all at once, as the form will not auto-save your information. To complete the application, press ‘submit’ and you will receive a confirmation notification on your screen that your application has been successfully submitted.)
The online application form will require a Resume and a Cover letter before it can be submitted. Please have these documents completed and ready to upload in order to complete the application form in full.