Job Location: Richmond, VA
Category: Communications and Administrative
Position Type: Jobs | Part Time (30 hours per week)
Job Open Date: Thursday, August 2
Job Close Date: COB Thursday, August 16
Our mission is to educate, equip and mobilize communities with the tools needed to be a force in the global movement to end human trafficking. Richmond Justice Initiative (RJI) is a non-profit, Christian faith-based organization that works locally and nationally to eradicate human trafficking through education, equipping communities with not only awareness, but ways to take action and affect change. We are committed to protecting our communities through educating at-risk youth about human trafficking through our award-winning Prevention Project® program, in-depth trainings, speaking engagements, church mobilization and Christian prayer.
RJI’s values are excellence, community, collaboration, leadership development and prayer. Motivated by God’s heart for the oppressed as evidenced through Biblical scripture and principles, our team works together as unto the Lord and this is foundational to our mission, goals and the results we achieve. We work hard together and value celebration, as we aim to provide professional excellence to all whom we serve.
The Outreach and Administrative Manager will assist in growing a national movement to prevent human trafficking by coordinating and optimizing RJI’s communications, program and administrative initiatives. Working closely with churches, prayer partners, and the RJI team is a critical component of this job and requires a mature Christian faith, understanding and personal application of Biblical Scripture. This position is based at RJI headquarters in the Richmond, VA area and reports to the Director of Programs and Training. As RJI is a rapidly growing non-profit with in-demand programs and initiatives, this position has a high potential for growth.
- Spearhead a multi-faceted communication strategy to increase community awareness and engagement with RJI’s mission, programs and initiatives
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with current and potential community partners
- Create content and develop weekly, monthly, quarterly communications (print and electronic)
- Lead our Christian partners to join the RJI team through prayer for human trafficking
- Develop, manage and create strategy for social media & website content
- Produce and manage marketing content including press releases, promotional materials, graphics and photography
- Guide and engage new schools, church youth groups and programs from initial inquiry to implementation of the Prevention Project program
- Coordinate contracts and payments for programs
- Maintain program records to track progress, growth of knowledge and impact
- Assist in growing and maintaining engagement with current and future schools and programs
- Arrange logistics and assist with trainings and speaking events
- Support Director of Programs and Training by maintaining updated programmatic material
- Create, update, organize and maintain accurate records and file physical and digital information
- Coordinate schedules, manage office inventory and support overall office operations
- Manage in-office volunteers including scheduling, tasks and progress
- Serve as a coordinator for volunteers based on project and organizational needs
Other tasks as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Experience in effective communications and engagement through various platforms
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms and engagement strategies
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp and Microsoft Office
- Experience in managing projects from successful beginning to completion
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines and manage tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Personal understanding and experience in applying Biblical aspects of prayer, God’s heart for justice and the practical application of what that means for people of Christian faith and the church.
- Preferred experience creating professional, branded graphic design elements
- Preferred experience with videography
- Mature Christian faith
- Pursues excellence
- Team player
- Innovative problem solver
- Ability to build trust and strong partnerships with others
- Culturally sensitive and appreciative of differences
- Resilient in dealing with the difficult subject matter of human trafficking
To apply for this position, please complete the following two steps. Applicants will not be considered until all application materials are submitted by the deadline.
- Please email the following application materials to HR@rvaji.com
- Cover Letter
- Click here to complete the online portion of the application (please complete the application all at once, as the form will not auto-save your information. To complete the application, press ‘submit’ and you will receive a confirmation notification on your screen that the online portion of your application has been successfully submitted.)
Once both of the above steps are complete, your application will be entered for consideration.